Patty Jackson Midday Host, WDAS-FM
The voice is warm…soulful and sweet! PATTY JACKSON, born November 4, 1963 and raised in South Philadelphia, is a thirty-four year radio veteran. Patty’s radio career has taken her from WSSJ in Camden, New Jersey, to the country station WXTU, then to Philadelphia’s Hip Hop station WUSL, and the classic R&B format known as WDAS-FM. After spending one year co-hosting mornings at WIOQ, Patty returned to her home at WDAS. Patty’s mid-day program, her Cafe 105, and 4-1-1 features are all considered mandatory to Philadelphia’s adult radio listeners! She can also be heard across the country via iHeartRadio.
Patty is currently the midday host at ‘DAS-FM working 10am – 3pm Monday through Friday. On Sunday mornings, you can hear Patty’s “Rewind” magazine show 8am – 12pm, covering everything from life to politics and entertainment, as well as celebrity interviews from the past week. In addition, she hosts “The Wide Wonderful World of Butter” oldies program every Sunday night from 7pm – midnight.
Her warmth and conversational style is a standout in Philadelphia radio. Patty’s entertainment reporting has earned her the title of entertainment writer for the Philadelphia Tribune. Ms. Jackson is very involved in community events, church activities and civic endeavors. She donates her time and talent to host many community events and fundraisers including the American Diabetes Association and the United Negro College Fund. Patty has also chosen to give back by giving the youth a platform during her weekly WDAS-FM podcast Patty and the Millennials.
With all that she is dedicated to, the “foodie” in Patty has found time to host MyNewPhilly’s dessert segments, Phillycious, visiting sweet treat venues throughout the Philadelphia area. The video episodes can be found on www.MyNewPhilly.com as well as www.WDASFM.com.
Whether she’s chatting it up with the stars or talking about the spicy seafood salad that the WDAS staff begs her to make, Patty Jackson’s voice is undeniably the female adult voice of the Philadelphia market!
Honorary Host Committee
- Dario C. Altieri, MD, Wistar Institute
- Rev. Dr. Steven Avinger, Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church
- Michael Baker, University of Pennsylvania
- Jose Benitez, Prevention Point Philadelphia
- Congressman Robert A. Brady
- Kevin Burns, Action Wellness
- Rev. Bonnie Camarda, Salvation Army
- Blanche Carney, Philadelphia Department of Prisons
- Phyllis B. Cater, Spectrum Health Services, Inc.
- Rev. Linward Crowe, The Navigator & Kingdom Care Reentry Network
- Mike Dahl, Broad Street Ministries
- Representative Mary Jo Daley
- Representative Madeleine Dean
- Dr. Nadia Dowshen, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Jeffrey Draine, PhD, MSW, School of Social Work, Temple University
- Dr. Thomas Farley, Philadelphia Department of Public Health
- Senator Larry Farnese
- Jean Friedman-Rudovsky
- Joan I. Gluch, PhD, RDH, Penn Dental Medicine
- Dr. Marla Gold, Drexel University School of Public Health
- Ronda Goldfein, AIDS Law Project
- Councilwoman Helen Gym
- Shawn Hawes, Philadelphia Department of Prisons
- Gary Hines
- Rev. Robin Hynicka, Arch Street United Methodist Church
- Mayor Jim Kenney
- Representative Stephen Kinsey
- Rick Lombardo
- Mike Marsico
- Councilwoman Cherelle Parker
- Susan Post, DMin, MBA, Esperanza Health Center
- Representative James Roebuck
- Mary Scullion, Project HOME
- Attorney General Josh Shapiro
- Councilman Mark Squilla
- Lieutenant Governor Michael J. Stack II
- Lee Thomas, Philadelphia Black Pride
- Susan Thomas, District 1199c Training & Upgrading Fund
- Andy Toy, SEAMAAC
- Melissa Weiler-Gerber, AccessMatters
- Governor Tom Wolf
- Heshie Zinman, LGBT Elder Initiative